Sunday, December 15, 2019

Advent. Turning

To everything thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven … turn, turn, turn.
What are you turning toward these days?
What are you turning from?
Six weeks or so ago I left a job I’d held for more than 16 years. That was surely turning from one piece and part of life toward a different one.
We make such turns throughout our lives. Some of them are less dramatic than the one I am navigating. Others are way more so. Some of them come more or less from our own choice and decisions. Others are imposed on us by forces beyond our control.

To each turning, there is a season, in its turn. I trust that, eventually, as the Shakers sung it, by turning and turning we come ‘round right. Whatever "right" looks like for you, I hope you are turning toward that which is the right for you in this season.


No comments: