Friday, December 06, 2019

Advent. House

our house, a few years ago

House: that thing I’ve barely been inside of recently and especially today. This is one of those days that does make me question the decision to try to write a response to words for each day in Advent.
I can caution against the busyness of this season with the best of ‘em, and fall right into it with the rest of ‘em. In just a few minutes we’re heading out again for an evening with friends.
We’ll be at their home, which reminds me that a house is not the same thing as a home. Home, as they say, is where the heart is. House is usually where the bed is. If you’re lucky, they’re the same place. I am among the truly lucky, for which I am deeply grateful.
There's so much more that could be said about connections between heart and place, buildings and space, distance and grace. But I'm going out, instead.

No comments: